Friday, April 15, 2011

More Updated Info and The Conference Calls


So yesterday, (the 14th of April) we learned a little more information on the program and when I will be leaving for Thailand! We normally would get informed through an e-mail, but today it was through a conference call. On June 28th I will be leaving to go attend a pre-departure orientation in Washington D.C. From there, I will stay there until July 1st which is when I will be departing the United States for Thailand. I'm so excited for Washington as for Thailand too! I've never been to D.C., so this will be so interesting!

On the conference call tonight, I got so many of my confusing questions cleared and out of the way. We talked about many things and the most important for me was the fact that schooling in Thailand will earn me credits that I can use back in the U.S. Allen Evens was the conference call coordinator tonight,and explained to us that more often the classes I will take be taking abroad will still count as part of my sophomore year of high school. I have to take two credits on English next year, but if I take an AP class dealing with English or speaking; I'll be fine! As for all my other graduation requirements, science will probably be on the list to double as well. But it's all good, I like school and there always is EHS, (Electronic High School). 

The biggest and one of the most important pieces of information that I learned today though was that I would be leaving a whole month and half earlier than what I first thought of! I won't be her for the Brad Paisley/David Archuleta concert... It's funny because I don't even like Brad Paisley.. Ahaha. The concert is on the 2nd of July, and I leave the States on the 1st. I'm kinda bummed because I was expecting for a little more time here in the U.S., but at the end of the day, I'm honestly completely fine with it. I'm gonna make my last 2 and half months to go the best thing the world has seen yet! I love how so many of my friends say that I hate them because I'll be leaving them for a year; even though if they're kidding. I'm so excited to go on the exchange, but at the same time I'll miss them. But that's why we have welcoming host families right? Yeah, I'm still really excited!

My mom was with me when I first got the e-mail to notify my acceptance into the program. She cried. But I was crying as well because I got the scholarship. Ahrg, but now, she is positively fine with me going and I am so very happy. And let's not forget proud, she was proud to make it to the top 74 to even start off of.

ออกสันติภาพ
-Liz

1 comment:

  1. You're missing a Brad Paisley/David Archuleta concert and don't like Brad Paisley... meaning you like DAVID ARCHULETA???

    Oh my gosh I was obsessed with him for 3 years. Not so much anymore, but I saw him 6 times...

    ReplyDelete